Error 0x80070035: "The Network Path Was Not Found" message in Windows 7
Sometimes when you are trying to access a network drive or shared folder, Windows 7 will give you an error message like this: "Error 0x80070035: The Network Path Was Not Found". This cryptic failure notification actually means something very simple: you were trying to browse a resource of some kind on your local network or HomeGroup, and your computer (running Windows 7) was not able to find it.
Troubleshoot Windows 7 network problem error # 0x80070035
Here are a few steps that explain the common causes of this problem, and give you a few solutions:
- There are multiple reasons for which Windows 7 was able to access an external drive or shared folder on your local network;
- 1- the computer at the other end, or the computer to which the external drive was plugged in, is currently turned off: turn it back on, and start over - the problem should be fixed.
- 2- the destination computer on the network was just asleep, and Windows 7 needs a minute or two to reconnect to it: try again the same thing you were trying to do over your network or HomeGroup in a few minutes, and the problem will have fixed itself.
- 3- If you are using a wireless network, check other resources on the network, or try to load a website on the internet: if this fails, it simply means that the problem comes from your router. Either check that all cables are properly plugged into the router and plugged to computers / wall / etc. at the other end. If no cable was loose or unplugged, turn off the power of your router (unplug cable connected to a electrical outlet or hit power button), and plug it back in a few seconds later (or hit the On/Off switch again). This will fix any "
DNS" errors on your network.
- 4- Wait a few minutes, then -while inside Windows Explorer showing your local network- press the F5 key on your keyboard to refresh: this forces Windows 7 to re-query the network for all drives and shared folders it can find. In the majority of the cases, you will see the resource you were trying to access, and double-clicking on it will open it and reveal its content, as though nothing happened!
These are the most common ways to troubleshoot and fix network connectivity issues in Windows 7!up ↑